Chairman, National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, Zikrullah Kunle Hassan, yesterday said NAHCON would provide information on the number of pilgrim slots that would be allocated to the country by December.
He said this Abuja at a post-hajj stakeholders’ meeting.
He said unlike last year when hajj preparation started late due to absence of information, the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah would begin communication for the 2023 hajj on December 21.
He said the liberalization of the issuance of visas into Saudi Arabia posed challenges to the sector.
He noted that the Hajj Savings Scheme “is an arrangement that offers an intending pilgrim a long-term contributory platform to pay for hajj gradually within a desired period.”